What if I don’t have a relationship with Jesus Christ?
ALL are welcome to read and grow.
If you have felt a twinge upon your heart, or mind, or soul and want to know the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior the first step is very simple. The WORD says in John 3:16 (NIV). (Note: I used CAPS for emphasis).
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that WHOEVER believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Notice that the Word I placed in CAPS is WHOEVER. The WONDERFUL thing is that EVERYone is a WHOEVER… NO ONE is left out. YOU are a WHOEVER. I am a WHOEVER 🙂 If you happen to be hearing something in your head right now saying: “but I have done too many bad things, or you just have NO idea what I have done; therefore I can not be forgiven.” IF you are hearing something like this it is a LIE and condemnation. Don’t listen to it!! God loves YOU so much that HE wants ALL of us to KNOW HIM and CHOOSE HIM as our Lord and Savior.
And, Romans 10:9 says:
9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
If you are sincere and “BELIEVE IN YOUR HEART THAT GOD RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD, YOU WILL BE SAVED.” Then YOU can say this simple prayer and your journey into your new life in Jesus Christ will begin.
Lord Jesus, I come to you today asking you in to my heart to become my Lord and Savior. I confess to you that I am a sinner, that I need you, and I ask for your forgiveness. I can no longer do life my way. Therefore, I am surrendering all of me to YOU. I believe YOU are God, came to earth as a man yet God without sin, gave Your life for me, were crucified, died, buried, and on the third day you rose from the dead. You did ALL of this so I may live with you in eternity FOREVER, and so I could have life here on earth to the full… till it overflows with your joy (John 10:10).
I believe your Holy Spirit now dwells within me and there is NOTHING that can separate me from your love (Romans 8:38-39). I thank you Lord for forgiving me of my sin and wanting me as your child. I receive YOUR precious gift.
In the precious name of Jesus Christ, I thank you. I am now YOUR child and am ready to take the next steps to grow closer to YOU. Amen
I don’t know if you know this BUT there are angels in heaven rejoicing (Luke 15:10 … see below) RIGHT NOW over your decision to surrender your life to Jesus Christ. Isn’t all of this totally GOOD News????
10 In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
Your life has been FOREVER changed. You are a new creation in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:17). Your name is now in the Book Of Life (Rev 3:5). As I mentioned before, this is the first step in your new life with Jesus Christ. KNOW He loves you as you are and wants a personal daily relationship with you. Other steps you may want to take in your new life journey are:”
- Tell someone else who knows the Lord. Share your good news. You can even share it with me and/or blog about it on this site if you feel so lead.
- Mark this day on your calendar as your YOUR day of REBIRTH.
- Remain faithful in this study or one like it so you may know HIS Word, so you will know the Truth, so your FAITH will be built and strengthened, so you will have encouragement.
- ASK God to lead you to a good church where the principles of the Bible are taught, where they believe the WORD is the living Word of God, breathed by God, and given to special men to pen on paper for Him so all could know HIS Word.
- ASK God to show you how to become involved in your church through serving in some way (maybe greeting people at the front door, helping in the parking lot, helping with the cleaning up or typing or .. well you get the idea).
- ASK God to surround you with other believers, to lead you to new friends, mentors, bible studies in person, so you may GROW in your FAITH and in your PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP with Jesus Christ.
- ASK God to lead you to a minister who can discuss your salvation with you, possible water baptism, possible tithing, and help you understand more about HIM.
Jesus Christ is not surprised by your prayer today. HE has been waiting for you and wanting you to come to HIM. He is standing beside you and the Holy Spirit is now living in YOU (Ephesians 1: 13-14).
Take it one day at a time, one moment at a time, and enjoy each thing God brings your way. And remember HE is not just there for you on the “good days” but there for you in WHATEVER challenges you face. He is the great comforter, our refuge, our peace, our joy, our love, and SO MUCH MORE (the WORD will tell you ALL HE).
Congratulations if you made Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior!! YOU are a child of the Most High God and have royal blood running through your veins!! I am SO proud of you and pray you will continue to walk with HIM daily. EXPECT great things !
Sharing HIS love